Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WHAT MIGHT GIVE YOUR CONGREGATION A JUMP-START

This post is sort of Part B of the last post.

Things hit me.  That's all I know to say.  I really think about you.  That's sorta strange because I don't know who is reading this.  But I know you are there.  The counter says you are out there reading this blog.

So.....if you are one of those out there, I think about how your work is going and what God might have me say to give you a boost.  Here's what He gave me today:

Three things have impacted Memorial Drive in strong ways which God seemed to direct us to resurgence.
  1. The study of Blackaby and King's Experiencing God workbook.
  2. The study of Fresh Wind/Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala.
  3. The study of the Holy Spirit by God. 
On this last one we didn't have a book other than the Bible.  We patiently waded through it and continue to study Him.  I'm personally encouraged that my very weak book Empowering the Ordinary on the topic of how the Holy Spirit helps inadequate believers is still used by study groups all over the world.  We sent 10 copies out to a congregation this week.

We have learned (and are still learning) the bright ideas of the flesh are no contest against the split-second brilliance of the invisible Spirit of the Holy God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me introduce myself, Philip Sims minister for the Haskell Tx Church of Christ. I attended workshop over the years, and have been back in the lower 48 and here at Haskell since 2007. I am looking for resources for teaching our experienced members class on the Holy Spirit I would love to look at a copy of Empowering the Ordinary. How could i do that?? peace
in His service.
philip

Terry Rush said...

Philip,

I'm OOT. Call Lita or Sherri at the office---918-838-1621--- and they can give you details.

Thanks much!
Terry

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry,

It's great to read that God has used Dr. Blackaby's study to help your church grow spiritually. So, on behlaf of Henry I'd like to invite you, your staff, and your church members to join us at South Tulsa Baptist Church next month. He and his sons will be leading a Spiritual Leadership Conference there. Here's an E-link with more information that you can share with those you lead: http://blackabyconferences.org/Tulsa/email/BlackabyMail3Tulsa.html

We hope you can join us!

All God's best,
Jim Redford, Asst. to Dr. Blackaby