Thursday, January 27, 2011

BASEBALL CAMP---DAY ONE

Well, I have just returned to the hotel from the first full day at the Cardinals Legends camp in Jupiter, Florida.  It is still a fabulous experience. 

This is my 28th year to attend the Cardinal camps.  It is simply surreal as well as remarkable.  Each year upon arrival I am reminded of how many deep and wonderful connections God has allowed me to make over the years.  And...they are still developing with new colleagues coming along.

My health is good and that's a challenge at my age.  Where the test at age 35 was whether I could throw from third to first, the question now is whether I can see from third to first.  I've already been in the trainers' room....twice....but doing very well.  Ice is good.

It becomes easier for me to talk to friends about God.  I find doors everywhere and marvel at how He slips into the most unsuspecting conversations.

I showed Ozzie Smith my "Ozzie Smith model" glove today and told him I wanted my money back because it wouldn't catch the ball very good.  He said the problem was not with the arrow but the Indian.  He used my glove in the game and.....hmmmm.....it didn't miss the ball like it does for me!

BTW again....our team played against for former big-leaguers the very first game....we lost 2-0 which is like winning....almost...because they are so good and we are so.....not so good.

Saturday evening my new book MVP! (Why You Are Valuable in God's Eyes!) will be promoted at the banquet and made available for sale.  We keep moving into lives.

No comments: