Friday, December 31, 2010

SOME ARE AT THE WELL....THIRSTY. OTHERS ARE HIGH IN THE TREES TRYING TO GET A BETTER LOOK.

My plans for 2011?  To win a few.

In 2011 I plan to become all things to all men that I might win a few.  I plan to intentionally connect with those in my natural surroundings by giving attention to....them.  It is an easy life in Christ.  Be interested in the people God places in your path.

There was the woman at the well.  And then how about that man up a tree?  Jesus didn't go door-knocking (and it isn't illegal to do so).  He went through life with his Father's eyes intentionally connecting to the huddles and masses and lone strangers.

In 2011 I look forward to running into the Scotts and the Kylas and the Dorises and the T.J.s of 2010.  Some were at the pantry and others up a creek.  And...Jesus was there in our various members of his body.

In becoming all things to all men of I Corinthians 9, I am mostly the weak; I became weak that I might reach the weak.  That's the easiest and most natural.  I am naturally nothing and such goes over so good with those who feel the same about themselves. 

Regardless of your position or non, view 2011 with enormous hope.  Several will bump up against you with their thirsts and their inability to see clearly.  Notice them.  Let God use you for such times as these.

2 comments:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

Excellent post! Happy New Year, Terry!

Anonymous said...

amen.