Saturday, December 11, 2010

HE SAYS HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME. WHAT???????

Regarding my Friday morning post on The Favor of Doubt, this comment was left:

For the first time I find myself disagreeing with you. Perhaps I missed your thought, but what stood out was "doubt your whole faith system." Jesus said, "if you have faith and do not doubt" Mt. 21:21. I think we get stuck on traditions and our church formats and rituals and confuse that for "our faith." If you meant those things are what we should doubt, then I agree. But I basically think Seth Godin's statement is incorrect. Having been an entrepreneur, I acted in great confidence--not in doubt, or I wouldn't have taken the first step, nor do I believe others would.

Respectfully,
John P. Brown

I started to comment in the "comments" of that post in response to John.  But I didn't want his note to be lost in the comment graveyard and go without notice.

I love his response.  I want you to see it.  Here's one who graciously....doubted me.  What?  Me?  Absolutely.

John's points are fair.  His quote of Jesus is undeniable.  My post needed a bit of clarification. 

Indeed I was intending for us to doubt our faith system where the tradition of men, which crept in as Truth, might be flushed out.  Yet, John is correct.  Jesus was frustrated over lack of faith due to the presence of doubt.

But my main main point is to let you see that all of us have room to be questioned; certainly me.  And we should learn that such is perfectly all right.  God is right always.  We are on occasion.  So don't be surprised that anyone would question you.  Rather be thankful when they do it in the spirit John P. Brown did.

So, John P. Brown, if we ever meet (due to my appreciation for your kindness), I will let you buy me lunch!

No comments: