Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WINNING SOULS IS ON MY MIND

I'm having a new driveway poured at my house.  Mary has an eight year old Ford and I have a six year old Chevy and I say, hey, why not have a sweet driveway for both to pass over!

So a crew, all strangers to me, came in this morning at 8:00 with huge trucks and loaders and re-bar and 2x4s.  How fun!  I love construction.

Without flinching, I did my reaching out because it is way on my mind and is most natural.  I spoke mainly with the owner of the company.  My words were intentionally headed for his spirit.  He appeared to be rather crusty toward spiritual matters; but oft that might not be the case.  Nevertheless, I simply did what I've watched Jesus do over the years; show interest on purpose. 

I talked with him about him.  I complimented him on his artistry.  He seemed pleased and very open to visit about why his work meant so much to him.  I learned he had been ill and inquired about his concern.

All I did was plant and water for who knows what he might need from God in three years or twelve.  I am making sure of this over the next three days he'll be at my house; I want him to know he met a Christian who had time to be interested in him. 

Don't you love how Jesus did that at the well....and then that time he looked up into the tree?  Ah...people.  Wherever people are potential is.  Remember it.

3 comments:

Vasca said...

Hey Terry...serve 'em cookies, brownies or something sweet. We had a city crew working on our street so one morning I made brownies and served all of them.

Just sowing seeds for their next encounter with Him.

Unknown said...

You inspire me. So do you, Vasca.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lesson. I've been trying to plant seeds, but I keep forgetting to water them. j