Wednesday, November 03, 2010

WAIT ON THE LORD. WAIT?!

Waiting is a weighty topic.

We live in ADD streamlined.  I multi-task just getting dressed; tuck my shirt in, while threading my belt while slipping on a shoe.  Waiting is a foreign seven-letter word for the ambitious. 

It is a secret of God.

Those who wait for the Lord will mount up with wings like eagles, Isaiah told.  The early disciples in all of their enthusiasm for the empty grave were told to go to Jerusalem and be quiet.  Be quiet?  Be still?  When Jesus is no longer in the grave and the world needs to know about it?  Shouldn't they "get going"?

For us.....I find extreme productivity in waiting.  It is against my fleshly nature; but not His Spirit within me.  I've learned to wait for moments and for decades to see kingdom life erupt in the center of dead mobility.  I know of nothing more satisfying than to watch God do His thing with that life-zapping move He has in the very middle of assumed disappointment and disillusionment.  God causes things to rise, grow, endure, and live.

For us.....we do have much to accomplish.  God's timing is the right timing.  Learn the rhythm of moving and waiting....and the move of waiting.  The fruit will be bigger and the glory will be God's....and you won't be so frustrated.

2 comments:

Robert Beasley[its all about the cross] said...

So true.I am 52 and just starting to understand,The Lords timing,the Lords way.

Liz Moore said...

Waiting is one of the hardest things. But the waiting also ultimately makes my faith stronger. To have faith is a choice, I choose to believe His timing will be perfect.