Saturday, June 19, 2010

TEMPTED TO FEEL DOWN?

DON'T GIVE UP! Don't give up on God. Don't give up on others. And for Pete's sake, don't give up on yourself. The latter is what will be addressed today.

As much as we fight others by criticizing their major and minor flaws, nothing penetrates the heart like the self-awareness of how much we aren't. How many times can we miss the mark and not get it that we are wretched, blind, foolish, and regretfully ashamed?

DON'T GIVE UP! We need to know these things about us to steer our dependence to the One who never slips; never fails. It is good for us to have our missteps always in front of us where we can evaluate the truth we are not near what we expect all others to be.

To see ourselves in bad light from time to time is a rich blessing. It shows we have not lost touch with tenderness of heart. Callousness has not crept in and set up shop.

DON'T GIVE UP! Thank God for the struggle. It isn't fun. It isn't easy. But it is a good thing to happen to us. It keeps our feet on the ground and our heads hunting for the riches of the heavenly.

Me? Struggling with me today....that's why I write this. I figure you are tempted toward the same. This is good for us. While we aren't much, He proves to be everything. Don't be discouraged. Even our weaknesses prove valuable.

Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 comments:

Shelley Crews said...

Wow, I love that "we are not near what we expect all others to be!" So true!!
And a little birdie told me that you had a birthday yesterday - so happy happy birthday!

Shelley (Longmont, CO)

Anonymous said...

Definitely needed to hear this today