Wednesday, February 24, 2010

JESUS DIDN'T COME TO DESTROY THE LAW

Jesus had a problem on his hands. The lawyers were on his case for not keeping the law. He rejected their notion saying he didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfill it.

What's the beef? The Law the lawyers had in mind and the one Jesus had in mind were two separate entities. The Pharisees are including all the rules man's tradition added; Jesus did not. He would fulfill God's law.

We live under similar circumstances. Some believe I (and others) are trying to destroy the church. My goal is to fulfill it. I love it. But the debate is over two separate entities; (1) the Why You Are A Member of the Church of Christ, or (2) the church that Jesus builds. I want to be a a part of the latter for the former has both added and embedded man's tradition calling it Bible.

My problem is I am not yet like Christ. Therefore, I'm just as likely to slip something into the church philosophy that also came from man's thinking and not God's.

Yet, our goal is to fulfill the Builder's desire. May we be filled with the Spirit of Christ that the world may have opportunity to participate in the church Jesus builds.

No comments: