Thursday, January 07, 2010

WHEN GOD BROKE DOWN MY WALL OF RESISTANCE

Everything will work out all right.

I have to say that to others and myself on a weekly basis. Challenges, conflicts, and perpetual distresses pound kingdom people. We should know this by now. It is the nature of walking in Jesus. It was his path as well.

When I caught Romans 8:37, But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us, my world changed for the great. The context is tribulation, distress, persecution, life and death. I win in any setting. Everything in life is win/win. Everything will work out all right.

This was a major breakthrough for me. I resisted this teaching. My mind constantly fretted both the small and the big stuff. I worked, arranged, and rearranged in my mind how to get my work accomplished. I had discussions in my head. I replayed them trying to sleep. Frankly, I was a sinful worry-wart. I couldn't let God run the show.

Yet, the Romans passage says I am a conqueror "in" all these things; not after, not beyond, but "in". I am a winner in the middle of any and every "right now" I should face. I win. The kingdom wins. We win.

So....we are not losers. We can absolutely trust He knows two things in every circumstance; we have blurred vision and He doesn't. But we have perfect knowledge; we win because of His 20/20 vision.

I mean it. God rocked my world for the good when He transformed me to be able to believe that victory doesn't follow days of stress and concern. Victory is activated and experienced....in the center of it! Who else but God?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's hard for me is translating that "conquering" belief into everything, such as work. In other words, He obviously works in official "kingdom stuff". That's an easy one. But, to believe that he works in the everyday, mundane stuff, like usual struggles at our jobs. That's a challenge for me right now...but I'm asking God to show up at work and "do it" for me...and He has been!
God, please increase our confidence!
Jay

Terry Rush said...

Jay,

Thanks for your insight.

I want to encourage you that because you are present in the everyday, mundane stuff that the kingdom is very much a part of it as well.

The part in Romans 8:38 about whether life or death...we conquer? The life part includes the everyday and mundane.

So be encouraged that this applies to the kingdom and that the kingdom is wherever his people are. Just a thought to ponder.

Anonymous said...

Concerning your entry yesterday, the bigger questions would be,

Have you located your hips yet?

Shawn

Anonymous said...

God might have broken through your resistance, but has he helped you locate your hips?

Shawn

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right. It's all "kingdom stuff", isn't it? Another weapon Satan has at his disposal is convincing us to believe that He isn't as concerned with this thing compared to that one.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Jay