Monday, January 11, 2010

HOW MUCH I FIND MYSELF LIKE THE APOSTLE PAUL

That's a rather strange heading don't you think? I mean who just jumps out and compares himself to one of the more notable biblical characters? Yet, I've been pondering him and me lately. I find some similar pockets of likely comparison.

For one, Paul said he found himself doing the things he shouldn't and not doing the things he should. Ah ha, that would also be me.

For two, the apostle said he was least in the kingdom; that he was nobody. That's strange; I am precisely as he.

For three, this giant leader expressed (and I think in all sincerity) he was the chiefest of sinners. I would receive the same grade.

Because of these self-awarenesses, I believe he was led to write that therefore power is perfected in weakness. I experience the same.

It is a strange feeling preaching for a congregation like Memorial as well as often standing in front of our brotherhood events. The reason? I never feel more than (one) as failure in more areas than a success, (two) never feel I am somebody, and (three) always find my sinfulness is ever present wherever I travel. The good news side of this spiritual coin is the fact that in spite of myself, Jesus seems to choose to work through me anyway.

By His grace and mercy....I get to be among you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry - your posts always inspire me...

Can I use today's entry as an outline for a lesson?

Thanks!

Terry Rush said...

Anon,

Of course....use anything which will inspire others toward Him and His cause.

Gratefully,
Terry