Saturday, September 19, 2009

SHOULD GOD HAVE CHARGED?

I was thinking about mankind; how much of it snubs the Creator. How that must break His heart. Then, something occurred to me. I wonder if God should charge?

I wonder if God charged admission into His kingdom and made the stakes somewhat high, if that would awaken mankind? As it is, there was a great fee....but God is the one who picked up the tab. My point is, aren't we such a strange sort that we would have such a lavish gift at our disposal and reject both the gift as well as the Giver?

God paid the debt He did not owe. In general mankind is so preoccupied with self it misses the fascination of this "too good to be true" event.

I urge us to be grateful and abundant receivers. I urge us to persuade others of the spectacularicity of the Living Lord. We see commercials where vans pull up to the curb with TV cameras running to the front door to surprise another sweepstakes winner. We think things like; Not real. Improbable. It could never happen to me.

It already has! More has happened! Yet as long as we deny God's incredible gift by avoiding Him altogether or functioning in the church as an unbeliever, we will never realize the most fantastic things possible HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED TO US!

God didn't and doesn't charge admission. Some don't care while others join a church and do their best to pay back....what cannot be fathomed.

Our God.....amazing! ACCEPT HIS GIFT. THERE ARE FREE LUNCHES AFTER ALL.

No comments: