Tuesday, September 01, 2009

IS CHRISTIAN AMERICA MARCHING UP THAT HILL AGAIN?

I feel very good about something I see developing; America is in trouble. Its Christian nation-ism is under attack. Get ready.

It seems that every Christian principle in this country is being squeezed. Bias and tolerance are promoted on every front except one....the Christian one.

I believe the day is coming we are going to find America on that hill assaulted and murdered by its religious thugs who tried to do the same against Jesus. What will our duty be? To build better defense? To develop a plan of resistance?

Would it surprise you to consider dying for our enemies? I believe Christian America is being undermined while being kissed. We may one day find the plug of safety and decency is pulled and we are annihilated by an incredible firestorm that we become disoriented and unable to put ourselves back together again. I believe Christians from South Africa and China will arise to embalm our destroyed bodies and place us in our tombs while we wait for Him to do that marvelous thing....again....that He did to the original body of Christ.

Do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you....I Peter 4:12....as if some strange thing were happening to you.

So don't be surprised. And don't be caught off guard. Jesus didn't call us to brand name churches to be sure the kiddies don't spill on the carpet. He calls us to be like him...even to the extent we die for the very ones who wish to destroy us. Love your enemy. Pray for those who persecute you. He will supply everything all need for successful resurrection power.

Wake up. We aren't toying with religion selectively walking only from the center of the easy trek. I think we are marching up that hill again....toward the cross....in actual life.

4 comments:

Greg England said...

I think you are right and I pray that I will honor God in my life ... regardless.

Janice Garrison said...

Powerful thoughts here today and I appreciate the reminder.

Today is the day of salvation!

Anonymous said...

My family is struggling today. Please pray for us.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, a prayer has been lifted on your family's behalf. God bless you.