Monday, March 30, 2009

WHAT I WISH ALL WOULD BELIEVE

I love people. I love God. I love it that God cares desperately for people who feel broken and useless. Of the many marvelous traits of a God too big to explore in completion, one of His most meaningful to me is He roots and provides for the underdog. Underdog would include me; His grace lets me in when the twins of Accomplishment and Prestige would keep me out.

There is one thing I wish for mankind. I wish every person would realize how loved, important, and coveted each is by the King. Our friends and even our selves tend to buckle to sub-par mediocrity because we've hung around our standard of love so long. Our standard? You know, loved when you do good; rejected when you do bad?

But God is so crazy about us He proxied us on the cross in the form of one named Jesus and had the living fire beaten out of him....because the Father regarded him to be us. Amazingly, Jesus took it.....gladly. Now we each get to be the darling of the Father's eyes because our older brother took the whipping for something we did wrong in order that we wouldn't be touched.

Great success isn't about how good you are doing as much as it is how much you believe Jesus has given you a successful life. I wish all would believe him....John 6:29.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's really a touching post... one just needs to have faith... faith in the power of almighty. And then success, peace in fact every bit of happiness in life will just follow.