Monday, March 30, 2009

HOW DID THIS BLOG GET HERE?

For those of you who have not been around this blog from the beginning, I take this time to update you on just how all of this got started. First, I don't like techie stuff. I wish I knew more about it but I don't. Therefore, I know very little about the much which is at my computer fingertips.

My youngest son, Tim, has a blog and I made a comment about three years ago to his theme. My daughter, Wendy, called immediately afterward and inquired about "me" having a blog. I told her I didn't. She assured me I did. She explained that when I responded to Tim's post I accidentally set up my own blog. R U kidding? But she said my blog didn't have any words on it. Of course it didn't. I didn't write any.

So I checked out her theory and sure enough I had a blog! Naturally I put words on it. Somebody must have read it so I wrote another story....and another. My hometown newspaper started printing one of my blogs in their weekly.

This past weekend we cleared 200,000 hits.

Let me explain what that means. My mom looked at my blog 200 times a day every day except Christmas and Easter over the last three years! She's got to be honored for making my blog count rise. Thanks mom....and the other six people who accidentally looked at it when they were trying to find Cardinal memorabilia and got this by mistake.

I'm grateful.

3 comments:

Bobby Ross said...

Congrats on the 200,000 milestone! But ... where do I buy Cardinals tickets!? That's what I was hoping to find here. Just kidding. :-)

Brian H. said...

That's a cool story of your beginning. You should rename this post. Call it, "Genesis."

Toby Decker said...

Hey Terry! Well I'm glad that you got this blog set up anyway, even if it was an accident.