Sunday, February 22, 2009

TULSA WORKSHOP IS COMING!

Among the many things passing across my desk is the Tulsa Workshop. We work on it year round. This one next month is my third year in a row to plan. I love it.

We have a lot to think about; the sound system, the website, the magazine, booth rentals, funds, speakers, topics, and the attendees just for starters. I love the workshop! It is a favorite event.

I don't work on this project without perpetual appreciation for Marvin Phillips. He and two others were the brain trust behind this idea. Of all men I have been fortunate to work beside him in the trenches. I still let him buy my lunch on occasion.

There is a massive amount of work and consideration which goes into this project. But one will always stand head and shoulders above all others regarding their contributions; it would be Marvin. So while preachers and leaders and children and visionaries plan their trek to Tulsa, Oklahoma, we enjoy the anticipation and the productivity of the workshop. One thing is certain, God gave Marvin an idea and we are still being blessed after three decades +.

(All area churches are invited to Memorial Drive next Sunday night (March 1st) at 6:00 for Workshop Roundup as we get ready for company coming to town March 26-28.)

2 comments:

preacherman said...

Terry,
Just wanted you to know brother that you, the Memorial Drive Church and the workshop are in our prayers. Keep up the great work ya'll do. Wish I could be there this year but schedule conflicts won't allow.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it :)