Monday, February 23, 2009

THE JANITOR

We must not run. We must learn. We are called to endure. Jesus shows the way. Difficult times are not just ahead; for many they are now. Try your best to notice the brilliant work of God in the center. He is working.

I'm not saying a preacher should never move. I'm not implying a member doesn't heed a feeling to move to a place where the Spirit breathes. I am saying do not miss the beauty of the Living God in the center of trauma and struggle even if one makes necessary transition.

I am a man of many failures. I have no successes unless God did/does them for me. Such isn't a humble saying. It is full of fact. I know it hurts to be us at times. But the sun keeps shining and so does the Son. The clouds in our day are witnesses as endurers who reached victory. Our clouds cheer us on.

Above all things, don't give up on God and on His people. We've said things we didn't mean just as soon as they slid from our mouths. We've done things we didn't intend and guilt immediately issues notification.

We are so often a mess and Jesus is the Supreme Janitor. He receives no pay except to be proud of those accepting his amazing, fascinating work. May we not argue. May we be free from religious arrogance. May we realize we need each other to get through the most innocent of days. And victory is ours to treasure because The Janitor has been at work again with his bucket and mop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terry, this was a nice thought for the day! Thanks, I really need to remember this. Just a few weeks ago, I was teaching my first & second grade Sunday school class the memory verse which was, I Thess 5:18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

I find that I can remember to ask for what I want, when I need it. I will literally storm the gates of heaven with my needs! I guess the is a good thing, but I forget to be thankful, and to see His glory in the middle of my big mess. Have a great day!

I enjoy your blog!

Lisa Howe, Tulsa