Tuesday, January 06, 2009

TENSE DAYS

Be still and know that I am God.
PSALM 46:10

This sentence is not natural for me. I have had to suffer through learning of both its strength and truth. What a valuable statement for those of us who worry and fret over air and anything else in our path.

I don't know how the church, which claims to know all about God, can live so up-tightly and nervous. I'm amazed at how we continually dismiss His call. The words of Be still are translated Let go and relax. We simply need to do it.

Control is a big factor among Christians. It is a mistaken factor on the level of pride; but nonetheless, is a prominent characteristic we seem to polish and prize. Control is a mistake. We will do better to relax and let God run the course the way He has planned.

I'm far too skilled at ruining a good plan or plot He has going. I have that knack of doubting good moves into oblivion! If you want to make significant progress in your spiritual growth today, note the number of times God gives you opportunity to let Him take care of things....and then let Him.

Blessings as we move from tense days to peaceful ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sat at a long table today at Wendy's with a group of mothers after our ladies Bible class. These are mothers of children with strong wills, medical challenges, and special needs like autism, learning disabilities, PKU, and developmental delays. In this group of 10 were women who in the past year have husbands who have lost their jobs or been transfered, a home that has burned, family members with cancer, mental illness, or who have passed away. Today, I mostly listened. A few statements I heard the most were, "I am finally learning to just let God take care of it!", "I know I need to give up the control!", "God is teaching me__________."

Anonymous said...

Don't swing for the fence. Relax, nice and easy. Swing level and follow through--homeruns will take care of themselves. (Analogy from different view--you're the bat in the hands of God--YOU DON'T HIT UNLESS HE SWINGS AND WE KNOW HE DON'T EVER MISS WHAT HE'S SWINGING AT!)