Tuesday, October 28, 2008

STUDY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

The Holy Spirit of Christ is the ultimate link to God's participation with today's Christian. We have tried church growth and discipleship development on our own. It proved vain, empty, or both. Man with all of his intellect cannot build the church for God. Jesus builds it through His people. When we yield to His Spirit the promised peaceful fruit of righteousness seems to gain momentum in the common believers. I encourage you about your work. Every church's solution is found in the co-operation of the Holy Spirit.

A week doesn't go by that I don't get calls or emails or run into some who are curious to know about the Holy Spirit. The more we learn of him and yield to him, the more the church seems to flourish.....in spirit. No coincidence, is it?

I am continually reprinting the study workbook on Empowering the Ordinary (The Holy Spirit Helping Inadequate Believers). This work is a rewrite/revision of my earlier book The Holy Spirit Makes No Earthly Sense. I couldn't find a publishing house to do the reprint but we had so many calls for the book and I believed in it so much I hired a printing company to publish it for me. I pay for it myself. I've been reprinting it on my own for about six years. It is tough to keep in stock.

I know it's my own book. I know I can look badly pushing it. However, I'm more interested in the people who want to study the topic. If you would like more details, email me at trush@memorialdrive.org. The book is designed for small groups and Bible classes. We keep shipping out orders every week and it just keeps going.

You don't need the book to know about the Holy Spirit. THE BOOK has enough to say. Mine is merely one of many guides through the Word. Having my stuff is insignificant. Having the Holy Spirit is ultra significant. We cannot bear his fruit without him. He blesses the church. Thank God for sending His Son first and His Spirit second. We cannot do without either.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about that book, so I wouldn't worry too much about publishing it yourself.

I've yet to read it, but my dad has it on his shelf at River City Ministry, and my buddy Seth Simmons told me some about it as well.

I know the generally accepted theology surrounding the Holy Spirit in our fellowship was completely wrong in the past, and is probably still inadequate to say the least.

We need to keep digging on this issue, and I appreciate you and others pouring so much into it.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I am excited...and grateful to be starting my very own copy! Thanks again!

Kingdomsaint said...

Terry, it was that book, about 20 years ago or so, that put me on the most marvelous journey of all. I used the book to the teach the church to be dependent on Him! Thanks again for being led by Him!

Stoogelover said...

The original was one of the best books I ever read in my journey from legalism to grace. That's not to say your other books are trash! I've enjoyed and gained from all your writings, but that one was of great help to me. When I left ministry, moved into a house with far less room and got rid of over 1,800 books from my library I kept all of my copies of your books. Not only because you're my friend, but because I've gone back time and again and re-read them.