Saturday, August 16, 2008

ARISE THE TRUE CHURCH STATUS

I believe the church to be the highest power on earth. Its authority is from and in heaven. Furthermore, Jesus seems bent on building such a visible structure that the stubborn gates of hell cannot effectively resist. I also believe we have imposed our man-made order in the name of Truth to the extent the church is looking pale. Society is eaten with selfish cancer and the bride of Christ is being admitted to the trauma center alongside the ailing community. If there is genuine hope to heal our land it will be necessary to give the headship of the church back to Jesus and we repent in order to function as the body.

Political, financial, educational, emotional societal train wrecks are the church’s (our) fault. No one else's. The highest power on earth has abandoned its mission to save a lost people in the name of establishing religious Olympics. Seekers are lost in our cloud of “who does church best and right” competition. We shift His mercy and truth from the ditch people to the Lectureship and Workshop Gurus. America has divvied up the believers, raised our church colors on the flagpoles of our church lawns and began bidding for persuadable passersby.

We’ve developed passwords to tip off our brand. Catechism? Auditorium? Pray Jesus into your heart? “Baptism for the dead”? These tell-tale signals are dispensed while the glory of Jesus vanishes by the clouded skies of “we each and we only have the truth”. Pulling prayer out of public schools or removing God from the pledge isn’t the main culprit. Our dividing the flock into codifying lingo and perpetuating church brands is.

Are there biblical truths? Yes. Are there religious errors? Yes. Name the group who has successfully laid claim to them all and I’ll show you the group who just failed due to pride. If this is the case, and I believe it is, we must awaken to the truth that we each have a few of His callings in line while several parts of His will, we simply don’t yet get. Our pride over a few stones in the wall has misled us into believing we possess the entire fortress. We don’t. Instead of hopping into the ditches to relieve nasty and helpless strangers we have directed our focus on Sunday school studies which usually leads us to conclude we were right after all. Of course they do. The studies were written by us. If these are sending us to the ailing, I say, awesome. If, however, they are building our case against the other religious brands, we have surely abandoned the faith Jesus establishes.....all in the name of Truth.

The Bible still claims we can know the truth and it will make us free. When I find members of churches tied up on knots without freedom to love others, care for others, and believe in others, I have not encountered the true church. I’ve happened upon one steeped in denominational code-language, but scared to learn that there is more to Christianity than entering the doors of the right building.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will know them by their fruits the Master said. It would be hard to have judged them by the sign over the door in Pentecost when there was no door and no sign.
Larry, Denver

Anonymous said...

Brother Terry, I wonder if you like to analyze people? I wonder if you would rather write or verbally dialogue with people. I know you and I do not know each other well, but we may know each other better than you think. You see I know that the Bible is written as it says in

2 Timothy 15 and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

What am I getting at? I do not exactly know! I just know that I went to have breakfast with a friend of mine yesterday and I cannot remember exactly how he phrased it but what is happening is happening and the main truth of it all is that "God is in Control". I think your message is like a wake up call to all of the Body of Christians, but your audience isn't that big! Is what you wrote a sort of venting?

I do not want you to take what I am saying as being one bit critical b/c I know you write with good intentions. I sense frustration. For some reason I want you to go to the 2 website I have entered below and analyze them b/c I know you can probably do that very very well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_perfection, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_of_Christ

I have not always been as led by the Holy Spirit as I believe I am now, for I matured less than and slower due to what I term a stunting of growth caused by emotional traumas early in life that my freedom in Christ did not to me fully take root until this last year, but "I thank God it did".

Man, I love and respect you, and it is fun and I was about to say that I count it . . . well here is what I close with.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (James 1:2-8 ESV)

I felt double-minded for a lot of my life, but I believe now that it was more of a confusion that like the Bible says, I had to work out my own salvation to a degree, it just took longer than I would have liked for it to have took.

I wrestled for a long time with severe depression, but now I would love to at nearly any opportunity share how God has set me free thru testimony, but I know I have to be careful, for I know from man can come judgement, and I know God wants me to be careful also. I know that by following him

My Lord God, I have no idea where
I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your
Will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.
And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Merton - check this out as well.

God Bless, Jim Cooke

Anonymous said...

check out also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Merton

I wish you and I could go on one of the retreats posted here,

Again, Jim Cooke

Anonymous said...

Description
Terry Rush writes not as a casual observer but as an active participant with those who have been struck by the hauntings of heartache. In God Will Make a Way, Rush tells his own story and the true stories of others, who were dealt devastating blows but trusted an unseen God to lead them on an unknown road to the comfort and assurance that they so desperately sought.

We all eventually face an event or circumstance that leaves us anxiously looking for a way through. Every human plan falls short, every mental search leads nowhere, until finally, all hope is gone. Even when there seems to be no way, the pages of this book reveal that God will make a way. In this book you will discover:

How to gain a sense of control in the midst of chaos
God's prescription for pain
How to view hurt as your energy rather than your enemy
How to control the event that has victimized you
How God supports you in your pain
How to go beyond surviving your pain

I wonder if all of your readings could determine who deserves credit about what is above. I had no idea until I did a little search. Powerful to me indeed. I need to get this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Cooke

Anonymous said...

I should have omitted your name first from my other entry?????

Tim said...

unbelievably spot on! So dead on are your posts, my wife said just yesterday (not for the first time) that it seems you are listening in on our conversations!