Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WHAT KEEPS US FIRED UP?

First, thanks for your time to let me know who all is out there. It was fun and others may be signing on as days go by.

Second, any wishing information about any of my books may email me at trush@memorialdrive.org.

Third, today’s topic: What Keeps Us Fired Up? I can only give you one response; mine. Others have their bias which works for them. I’ll give you mine hoping it will be added to your arsenal of endurance.

I cannot wait to wake up and get going as God works and I can’t wait to see what it will be this time. I love knowing what He is doing. But by faith, I know He is doing more than I can know. This blows my mind! God is so strong, so visionary, and so mysterious. While you read this He is lifting oceans from four corners to cause perpetual, ceaseless waves to lap shores from miles and miles out. Niagaras are falling and falling and falling. Stars are glittering in more galaxies than ramped technical sight can capture. And then there’s the compassion for people factor He has going.

While we slept last night souls were being baptized in Beirut and Boston. Angels were rushing in to minister to stranded ones in Australia and Amsterdam. Abandoned children were being rescued in Uganda and Utah. He was listening to prisoners in New Zealand and New York. Our God is still operating off of prayers offered by the apostle Paul, Abraham Lincoln, Hannah Hurnard, and Henri Nouwen. Though these and millions of others died, their kingdom seed effort remains eternal which includes having impact on any day called today.

We truly are what the Bible declares: partners/co-laborers with God. If we are just partners with each other without the touch of the King, we would be most frustrated. But with the King, then let us celebrate! We are influential.

What fires us up? God working. Who can imagine? Who can report? Who can believe? On the latter one, we can! And……we do. What a day already!

4 comments:

Stoogelover said...

I don't know of anything you could have written today that would have been more encouraging! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

man Terry, you have quite a following. I didn't send in b/c I am just from the big state of TEXAS in the tall city of Midland. When I read your posts I usually always enjoy them.

God Bless your constituents, your ministry, your family, and all of your readers, JCC

Anonymous said...

What fires us up? God working. Who can imagine? Who can report? Who can believe? On the latter one, we can! And……we do. What a day already!

Terry, God bless, and great post. We should all be fired up and with this I say, having gone thru depression (the clinical kind), I have not always been fired up, but I am now more than ever and it is b/c of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. If it weren't for God and my relationship with His Son, I would not be writing this today.

A major contributor to my being fired up is people. People need people and we all have them. How we relate to people and how we relate to Jesus is so different, but if you are plugged into people of like faith, you can't hardly help but being fired up. Right now I am on a committee to raise funds for the 8th annual Joe Beene Benefit golf tourney and silent auction. You see, Joe can't play golf but he is one person that I can say is good to stay plugged into. Joe was paralyzed from the neck down b/c of an injury he suffered his very last high school football practice 8 years ago at Odessa Permian (MOJO) High School. But Joe is amazing. He shares his faith all the time. He speaks to youth groups, at detention centers, everywhere God calls him to speak. Joe fires me up b/c he is so positive when many people in his condition would be bitter, and would have given up hope. Joe inspires me to inspire others, and other people fire me up as well.

If you would want to contribute to the fundraiser this year, I wish you would. Joe's family needs have increased b/c of lacking coverage from his insurance, so I inquire of you if you would want to help Joe. God bless, JCC - Jim

Jimmy Clare said...

Thanks Terry
That hit the spot!

JC