If I were to move into your place, here are a few things I would ask myself:
- Is Jesus the Savior of this place or is it church heritage, programs, or personalities?
- Am I getting my material from God or serving up routine three points and an illustration?
- Am I preaching the Word or brotherhood issues?
- Is our worship alive or monotonous?
- Are we led in singing or in worship?
- What needs to be done to encourage members to bring their friends?
- When the members bring guests, does their preacher team up with them in offering good news?
- Do those not in my immediate inner circle hear from me they are important and I am proud of them?
- Do I let the elders and staff know I caught them doing good, positive, successful things?
- Do I return every phone call?
- Do I grow in being open-minded or have I become narrow-minded to new ways and new ministries?
- Do I still love what I get to do?
Add to the list the items you think would be good for each of us as leaders to evaluate.