God is the ultimate dot connector. I received a note from Linda last week. She and her husband live in Germany. Her letter revealed such an amazing time line of our connection. Linda was a nursing student in Lubbock when she went to the public library to get study materials. She inadvertently came across one of my little books on the shelf, Since He Walked on Water, We Can Wade Through Life.
Later she went back to check out my book only to be informed they had no record of such. However, they did borrow a copy for her from a Tennessee library. She read it and we began such a neat and strange connection:
- She read my book in ’93 and was baptized a month later.
- She met Tim, our son who was an AIM Student, that month.
- Mary and I dropped by to see her when we were in Lubbock checking on Tim.
- Linda spent the night with Mary and me a few months later….’94.
- One of her honor attendants in her ’99 wedding was Memorial Drive's own Amy Hicks.
- She moved to St. Louis and her husband’s boss has my Cardinal bubble gum card on his desk. He and I are good friends.
- Linda and Kent move to Germany and meet a soldier who is getting married in Tulsa (2007) but has no church; no preacher. They do now. I did their wedding.
The story continues; neither of us knows how. This is simply an unfolding of one needle meeting another needle in God gigantic kingdom haystack. I’m saying so goes it with you in the great adventures of Haystack Living.