Thursday, October 25, 2007

I HAVE A FUNNY FAMILY

Our family laughs.....a lot! We don't tell many jokes. We simply report life. We see/hear humor in so many things and love to repeat it. My three kids are hilarious. I relish being in the room and listening to them describe the funniest scenarios that, frankly, many others missed.

Our grandson Hayden is a funny little man. He's four. Recently Wendy overheard Hayden singing the Lord's Prayer: Our Father....who is in heaven....Hal....why be thy name? Great question. Why is God's name Hal, anyway?

Yesterday, Hayden got into trouble. His mom told him three times to quit jumping on the living room pillows. He chose to ignore her plea. She took him upstairs to his room for his punishment and she said, Hayden, I told you three times to quit jumping on the pillows. How many times do think I'm going to have to tell you that before you quit? In a most serious and thoughtful tone he gave his best estimation. I'm guessing four.

I'm off to Monroe, Louisiana this morning to link up with Dusty, A Cappella, and Watershed at the Discover youth rally. A grandpa speaking at a youth rally? There's some funny stuff just at the thought of that.

Hope to be back with you next week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't say "dude" alot. They think that is kinda weird. Have fun!

Unknown said...

I love the things those little guys come up with. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Terry, you are one amazing kind of guy!

Anonymous said...

Dad, are you leaving comments on your own blog?
I think you're funny too.

Anonymous said...

Brother Terry, I guess anyone could write on certain topics, but I would like to read something you might entitle: Are you an asset or liability to the church of Christ?

Just a thought that came to my mind this morning, the 27th of November, 2007.

God Bless, Jim Cooke - Midland, TX