We hear of government projects (ours and others) which amount to dollar terms of millions, billions, and trillions. Have you ever wondered what the total would be from the generous coffers of Christianity? I'm not discussing "church contributions" here. That's another huge story. I am only drawing attention to benevolent giving. Try to imagine the amount of money given per year by:
- YOURSELF as you both write out checks to your church or community organizations or simply hand out cash when you see a need when at church or in the marketplace.
- YOUR FELLOW CHRISTIANS within your congregation doing the same as you.
- OTHER CHURCHES OF CHRIST IN YOUR OWN COMMUNITY doing the same.
- OTHER CHURCHES OF DIFFERENT BRANDS IN YOUR COMMUNITY: individuals and corporate efforts.
- ALL CHURCHES IN YOUR COUNTY
- ALL CHURCHES IN YOUR STATE
- ALL CHURCHES IN AMERICA
- ALL CHURCHES ON ALL SEVEN CONTINENTS
I believe the amount to be both significant and immeasurable. Would the dollar amount exceed millions? Billions? Trillions? I believe our government (of which I am not against) may be outdone by the GLOBAL WARMING of the human heart. And, note I have only referred to money. We have yet to discuss precious and abundant time given.
So it very well may be true after all. The chill may be rescinding from the world's cold shoulders as Global Warming is melting it's way into icy waters of resistance.
There. This has been brought to you by God. I didn't think of it on my own!