Friday, April 20, 2007

WHEN YOU PRAY

We have not begun to corner God with our doctrine, our method, or our imagination. He lives in perpetual and consistent One-Up-Manship. Sin? He'll trump it with grace (Rom. 5:20). Ideas? He'll go beyond them (Eph. 3:20). Methods and concepts? He'll leap even higher (Isa. 55:8-9). No, the clay will never understand the brilliance and magnificence of the Potter.

Where does that leave us? Thrilled!

With all of the inventions to this date, can you grasp there are a gazillion dozen more yet to be discovered? Of the multiple singular truths extracted from the Word, dare we believe He has just begun to communicate as that Word continues to spring into our kingdom system as a breath-taking geyser?

Sometimes when I pray, I will ask Him to help me think of what's needed in the church which no one has ever thought to consider. I will ask Him to do what isn't being done. For about ten years I have been praying He would show up in the media. It's interesting to see the number of testimonials given on Larry King Live, the News via CNN, FOX, etc. God is showing up...usually in the center of tragedy.

He says the eye has not seen and the ear has not heard all He has prepared for those who love Him (I Cor. 2:9). I believe Him. I want to see more of the unseen/unheard thus far! When you pray, consider tapping into His desire to showcase some of His yet-to-be-seen treasures.

8 comments:

Liz Moore said...

I know I sometimes put God in a box with my prayers. When I let Him out of that box, it amazing what He can do! Thanks for the reminder!

Donna G said...

Wow! Thanks for helping me to see that I am limiting God's power with my weak prayers!

Brenda said...

I'm sometimes afraid to pray. I'm not sure where God will lead me. But I find myself saying "I'll never do this or I'll never do that" and God finding ways to use me in ways I would never have dreamed!
I'm a huge dreamer and want God to use me in every facet possible, but I limit his ability by my own selfish desires.
Sounds like something I need to work on.

Tim said...

TR - thanks so much for insighting and inspiring me to greater, outside-the-box thinking! May we never limit God, and may we always leave room (lots of room) for His mighty power!

tm

Tim said...

TR - sorry for the misspelling on my earlier post... I;m not sure 'insighting' is a verb, though it ought to be! :-)

I meant to say 'thank you for inciting...'

oh, well...

Blessings!

tm

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

tim rush said...

Hey, forgot it was your anniversary. ...you and Mark McGuire, I guess.

I hope you and Dusty have a good time together on your anniversary.

Good post, by the way.