Saturday, April 21, 2007

LIFE BEYOND WORDS

When I heard the toilet flush this morning I thanked God for the lavish life I have. Strange thought isn't it? One could discard such an event as minuscule; maybe at least silly. However, if you spent the first eight years of your life running to the outhouse adjacent to the chicken coup, you might understand ever so slightly my joy.

The point is: I've never forgotten some of the inconveniences I had as a kid. God's riches continued to give me reason to call aloud to Him in thanksgiving. Later this morning I noticed how awesome it is to live on city streets with nice blacktop. The weather is luxurious! As I noticed this while driving in my sweet Tahoe, I asked God to forgive me for all my complaints and to please notice the thousands dying in scorching hot lands as they have no protection. I asked Him to rush to those screaming for mercy and relief from their pain before He would listen to another request of mine.

I am one of the richest people I ever met. From God's perspective, though, I feel confident I don't know even 1% of it. Therefore, how fortunate am I? Beyond words is what I'm believing!

Be sure to tell Him thank you for who He lets you be......especially if it is an unscheduled time for prayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement to show our appreciation to our Father for everything he provides.

Liz Moore said...

We are blessed beyond measure, yet sometimes we complain so much. Thanks so much for the reminder!