Monday, March 26, 2007

DON'T QUIT

We have just wrapped up the 32nd Tulsa International Soul Winning Workshop. It was too phenomenal! The theme, JESUS: The Mission and The Model, seemed to resonate with precise timeliness. The attendees were thrilled!

There is great momentum building. Don McLaughlin, Randy Harris, Jerry Taylor, Jeff Walling, and others were so on target. Bruce Marchiano delivered my favorite keynote of the thirty-two years. He took us to the heart and emotion of Jesus like I've never heard. Roger Thompson's Holy Spirit classes were packed. On and on, the reports of gratitude flowed among the crowds.

I share one behind the scenes story. A 20 year old...former member at Memorial....got out of prison on Monday of the workshop. He's a good man and I believe in him. We hired him to tape classes every day. What a great thing for him to experience his first week out. He was on time and smiling...every day! I didn't tell anyone of this setting as I didn't want him to be pre-judged.

After the second day, I told his boss (a most delightful friend over the years) of this young man's past. He teared and said he and his crew would take special care of him and do something special for him. I don't know what the "something special" was as I am still scrambling in post workshop mode. However, one of the couples in the booth had already adopted (really, he had already adopted them) this boy and they asked him to move to Nashville and live with them.....as his grandparents of sort.

While we were preaching Jesus or listening to Jesus be preached, he was being activated. This is only one story of hundreds that took place. The great thing is I only know of a handful. He remains true to His Word....He is able to do more than we can think or imagine.

Don't quit believing the glorious can and does still happen!

7 comments:

Liz Moore said...

Terry, thanks for a great workshop! I'm already looking forward to next year! I too loved Bruce Marchiano. What a story he has to tell. I would like to see the interaction between him and Jesus when then one day meet face to face. What a meeting that will be! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Terry,
God again has been true to His promise that when we walk by faith, great things can happen.

I read Wade's report last night. Loved his comments. I was sorry I could not come this year but we too had a great weekend for Jesus in Denver.

Love,
Larry Wishard

Anonymous said...

Terry, I suppose we all come to the workshop looking for something different ... and we receive it in different ways. Bruce was fine, But you and Jeff presented THE DEFINING MESSAGE of the workshop, if you ask me. I intentionally went to three classes presented by people I did not know. Todd Box was superb and really touched me. In the end I thanked God for speaking to me in several "pieces" ... assembling a message custom made for my heart through a sentence here ... and idea there ... a concept from left field ... and I feel so refreshed ... and I needed it so badly. Thank you for all the hard work. Our crew came home abuzz ... and ready to touch our community with the love of Christ. Take a vacation. You deserve / need it!

Anonymous said...

Terry,

I too was touched by what Bruce said. I agree he made me see a Jesus I had never really saw before. I gave me such peace to know how much our Lord really loves us. Plus, I really loved listening to you and Jeff as well. It made me see what I need to be doing to reach those around me and to see the value and the soul in the people around me. Both messages really reached to me where I needed them. Thanks for being such a great instrument for God.

Love In Christ,

Aaron P.

Anonymous said...

OK...I have to say I cried on Saturday evening because it was like going to church camp and then having to leave! I always relate a lot of things to church camp:) but it is always like a big family reunion!! I also feel blessed because you and Danna and Becky and EVERYONE put so much effort into this and then it goes by so fast and you don't want it to end, but then you blink and then a year of hard work is over and then you blink again and you are back on track planning for next year....and I know it was a year of God planning through you all....but what a great job you all did!! It was fun to see everyone again... I felt so lucky to be there and be a part of it all!!! Thanks for putting so much work into helping people refuel themselves.....LY-Carrie S.

Jeanne said...

Terry, thanks for putting everything you had into the Workshop. You never hold back one ounce of yourself from this experience and we are so incredibly blessed by it! I can't adequately express how much your message said on Saturday night. I am so grateful that you have a heart to live in freedom in Christ but not forget those who are still held captive by fear and legalism. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Terry, this is Jeff Johns, and I'd appreciate it if you'd check out my blog an give me some constructive criticism. I'd also like to spend a day with you, sometime, discovering what it means to be a preacher. Preaching is my passion and I'd like to learn from one of my heroes, you!
In Him,
~ Jeff