I love where I work. Besides liking preaching and ministry, I mean I like "where" I work....my office part of life. I am the office manager! In my little preaching school of 11 classmates, none of us ever had a thought of being at a church big enough for "a staff". Upon graduatin we each had one basic goal: try to last two years. But now....I am office manager!
It took me awhile to get the hang of it. Due to the elders' patience and the staff's endurance, I feel really good about being "BOSS". I've changed my approach to this privileged work drastically over the years. For awhile I was the youngest guy on staff so I wasn't manager yet. After being here several years I became old enough to be everyone's dad.
Here's my goal for my people who are my crew, my friends:
- I want them to think they have the best working place in the world...really!
- I want them to be sure I believe in them more than I do myself!
- I want them to notice me catching them doing good, smart, faithful things!
- I want them to hear my praise "all the time"!
- I want them to know I revere them! Yes, I work with reverend staff!
Whether you are the BOSS or the BOSSed, do the things which would make your colleagues believe they work around the best person in the world....because they do. His name is Jesus and He is residing within each of us. Hello.....Reverend Staff!