Tuesday, April 03, 2018

SELDOM AM I SO SPEECHLESS

I was caught way off guard yesterday and it sent my mind reeling.  Having been asked by
Grady King to speak at a Leadership Conference at Oklahoma Christian University was a big deal to me.  To say the least, I was pumped simply at the invitation.  I was hyper (surprise) to be a part of their two-day event.

There were approximately 60 Christian servants gathered (I'm telling, however, that there were somewhere under 500) to hear from a few ministry leaders regarding the wonderful opportunities which await.  The challenges were welcomed as was, indeed, the inspiration which accompanied.

But a thing happened as I was invited to the stage to speak that still blows me away.  The President of OC, John deSteiguer, presented with me with the Christian Service Award.  I so didn't see this coming that I didn't know what to say.  Well, more accurately, I was so stunned I didn't say anything.  My mind couldn't take it in.  I'm not in the habit of being honored with such an award and it rattled me. 

Seldom am I so speechless.  But what a very nice speechlessness to encounter.  Thank you, Grady King, John deSteiguer, and OC for the awesome presentation and the huge plaque.  My head is still trying to get a grasp on what I think happened yesterday.


No comments: