Monday, March 05, 2018

JUST AN AVERAGE STOP AT THE STORE

So I made my daily trek to my favorite Lowe's in search of...well...of something I might need.  It is so easy to find something that I need at my store.  I tell the clerks, who know me as a regular, that my maiden name was Lowe.  And...they always laugh.

This morning was sorta fun.  As I was checking on a clerk at the register as to how her knee surgery recovery was going, she sheepishly asked me if I would do her a favor.  My response was affirmative and I inquired what it might be that I could do for her.

She rehearsed that she really likes my book, You Can't Make This Stuff Up!, and wondered if I would mind doing something else for her.  She reached into her purse and pulled out a baseball with these profound words, "Would you mind signing this baseball for me that I might put it alongside of my book"?

I sorta, mighta, maybe kinda, smiled.  Big!

I looked around to see if maybe others possibly had overheard this conversation as it was just a normal, average stop at the store.  Of course, I signed it...and may have made a big deal out of it.  So far at Lowe's the most they had ever asked of me regarding my signature was on a check.

Another average day of signing baseballs!

No comments: