Wednesday, July 15, 2015

C E L E B R A T E W I T H M E ! !

Today is my 38th anniversary of getting to be at Memorial Drive.  That is a big deal to me.  In school we were advised as ministers to try to last two years; three would be good, and five would be max.  At my first congregation I lasted one year and the second one two.  It seemed the advice I received was on target.

I interviewed at Memorial when I was 29 years old.  It seemed to me that by 40 I would have corralled nearly all of the answers.  Honestly, now at age 68 I find that I don't even know but a few of the questions.

And here it is 38 whole years.  I live a story-book sort of life of adventure.  How God sticks by His call that we get to live new day by day is surely a fantastic mystery to me. Yet, it's how I feel.  I'm just getting started.

Thank you church!  Thanks to those who have endured me anyway.  And, my sincerest apology to those who couldn't take me.  I don't blame you.  I couldn't stand me at times either.

While God was not kidding that if we are following Jesus we will find ourselves carrying our own crosses, I know of nothing more exciting than to endure hard times so that others can receive hope.  May we never give up!

What excitement!  What joy!  What fun!

Don't you just love right now?


No comments: