Sunday, April 26, 2015

THE FULFILLING TREK OF JESUS

We want things.

We want things for, in, and through the church.

A transfer must take place to where what we want is what he wants. This is major.  This is the fulfilling trek of Jesus.

Billions have/are interested in church.  Yet, at the core is a villainous doctrine of sorts which insists that we are right on interpretations; while simultaneously hiding from the pure mission.  In large, the church has gone into hiding in a public format.

We just must awaken to the Holy Spirit who now abides in us for the simple focus of taking us places with a strength we find nowhere else.  The church body is to be reaching to neighbors which will include strangers.  The church body has a message; one of perfect hope.

We are Jesus in our communities.  Every clerk, every citizen, every teacher, every politician, and every waitress is encountering Jesus when they are approaching or being approached by us.  Our Sunday morning garb with smiles will not cut it. Carrying our Bibles won't either.  Carrying the Spirit in our hearts for the love of others fulfills the call of Jesus.

Jesus is public.  He served the public, died in public, and saves the public.  We are called to care for the most, for the medium, and for the least.  We are called...not they.

Here's how I perceived church in my earlier days.  It was my sacrifice to attend.  I was a good boy and gave up two hours of golf or of baseball in our big yard.  The lure for the latter was strong.  But I endured.  I sacrificed.  I went to church.

And, I missed the call of God.

Our nation is in need of many things.  I believe the greatest is for us church people to shed the robes of what pleases me in order to wear a vulnerable heart of what would bless them.

Jesus is a different sort.  Yes, he spent much time alone with Father.  It could be said he was a loner of sorts.  But it seems that his alone-time was to order his heart so that he would walk right into the toughest of opposing views and love them to death...his own own death.

He did it.  We are called to no less.

The church is slumbering in attitudes of keep me happy or I'm outa here.  This is not/does not/will not fulfill the trek of Jesus.  May we be determined to reach out.

That's what Jesus...still does.

No comments: