Thursday, July 03, 2014

THE RIDICULOUS WORLD OF SHEER FAITH

I can't think of a more impossible concept for the human mind to encounter other than faith.  Due to patterns and habits, we in the church may have a tendency to undermine its dynamic by discussing it in more routine and explainable framework. Rather than be lifted into faith's balcony, the natural mind tries to pull faith down into the corridors of rationalization.

Truthfully, however, faith is surely a spiritual horse of a different color.  We just must not lose the intrigue nor the suspense of this Word-backed call.  After all, we are to be BELIEVErs.

Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen...(Hebrews 11:1)

When one scans what is known as the Faith Chapter in Hebrews 11, impossible settings becoming actual are listed.  Faith does that.  Nothing else.

Everything else insists that there be a formula, an equation, or a pattern of effort equaling results.  Not faith.  Faith to the human mind is the ultimate conspiracy of foolishness.  I love love what Paul wrote in I Corinthians 1:26-30.

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised, God has chosen the things that are not, that He might nullify the things that are, that no man should boast before God.

I  L-O-V-E  T-H-I-S.  Nothing lets me into the front lines of kingdom opportunity more than this text.  I am the most nothing person I ever met.  It is strange that I no longer spend my days in deep depression.  As long as I have been in ministry, I still don't know what to do next.  I'm the picture of the text above.  Therefore, I am so glad He would let me in!  I am in!

And you?  How about you?  My guess is that many of you feel as I; small, insignificant, and clueless.

But faith is.  Faith is the factor that ruins intelligent calculation.  Faith upsets fleshly-minded assumption.  Faith pierces the impossibility veils.  Faith insists that what can't possibly be can actually become.  Anyone remember old Abraham and his great-grandmother-aged wife named Sarah?  Anyone remember that incident at the Red Sea?  Oh, and the emptied tomb of Jesus?

Faith plays havoc with the natural mind.  Such a mind cannot and will not wrap around faith concepts.  But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised (I Cor. 2:14).

What is it that allows men and women and children to dare to tackle the unthinkable, the impossible, the unimaginable and encounter successful results?

Faith is it.


No comments: