Sunday, June 15, 2014

WHY THE LOW ROAD IS THE DIVINE ONE

How easy it is to miss meaningful life for we thoughtlessly traipse the same paths as those around us took.  Without giving thought, we are quite liable to miss some of the grandest direction in life because we bought into costly mistake.  Taking the high road is not the only road to success.

God has always stymied the minds of men and women.  Always.

Consider His assurance that the way to keep is to give away.  The route to life is to die to self.  The clear direction to power is through weakness.  The Bible is threaded with such backward wonder.

While I hold no animosity toward any who have made in life by taking the high road, I find significant value in the low road.  It is here that those of us who aren't much find that we also have a pace that is to be valued.

Something has happened to me over time that I would hope encourage many of you who might feel slighted, neglected, or even bummed about your clear lack of ability. For the longest time I wished I could be somebody else.  These, of course, were highly successful, visible, and influential.

Personal inventory vouched I was right about me; no money, no degrees, no pull, and I was short.  So I lived much of my life in two strong emotions; wishful and pouting.  I would like to say that wasn't the case for on the exterior I was the life of the party....at parties.  But the alone times were....excessively lonely.

Not much goes by my days but what I so wish I were more.  But I live very much alive.  The reason?  I found that in the divine kingdom there is much value and promise in taking the low road.  The very place I tried to avoid is the same place I found God has work for me to do.

Discouragement.  Disfunction.  Dullness.  Dreary.  Dread.  These are the low road. Yet, this is where God has ample room to show His stuff.  It is this very pace where most would try to escape that we find His assignments for giving Him glory.

The low road is where words nobody, weakness, and least are both spoken as well as quite obvious to any who give a serious eye.  The low road has been marked by the goal-setters and the dream-watchers as villainous; you might not want to go there. This advice could have been given to the Good Samaritan.

The low road is the divine one.  Bothered.  Betrayed.  Battered.  Beaten.  Bashed. Bludgeoned.  Buried.  Not one of these descriptions would seem to fit the idealistic mindset.  Yet, it was the perfect style of Jesus.  It isn't necessarily the road of the popular; but it surely is of the meaningful winner.

We are called to avail ourselves to His majestic and outrageous life-style.  A glut of money and power aren't the starter kits.  Humility and lack; something magnificent develops from this stage.

Be encouraged.  God can use the CEOs of this world...and does.  And He also can use those of us who realize more day by day how much we are not enough.  It is the latter that charges me for I am deeply committed to find effectiveness upon the divine low road that I travel daily.

How about you?


No comments: