Tuesday, May 06, 2014

EYES FOR THOSE ALL AROUND

When our Sunday evening Small Group completed its prayer time, we went out to eat.  Ten of us were seated by a young college-age waitress.  She took delightful care of us.

Appearance said she was on top of the world.  She was sharp, attractive, energetic, and surely out-going. I could not help but wonder about her moments of potential discouragement.  

After awhile, I stood up and called her aside.  I gave her by bubble-gum card and pointed to the email address on the back.  Friend, I want you to keep this card. When those days hit where discouragement runs in, I want you to email me.  This group is a group that prays and we will certainly pray for you.

With tears in her eyes, she hugged me and said she would be right back.  Disappearing to a back room she was gone for a few minutes.  When she returned she called me over to where we had earlier stood.  Once again with tears in her eyes, she handed me the note below.  

I encourage you that all around us are very dear, wonderful, special ones who carry invisible burdens.  Some are struggling while others are damaged.  We, by His grace, can make a difference if nothing more than offering them our card coupled with opportunity to pray. 

Reach.  Some many need you.

For our group, while we usually would hit a different eatery next Sunday night, we will be returning to check on our new friend.

Push back with hope!  Romans 4:18

No comments: