Saturday, March 08, 2014

I'M FACING A PRETTY BIG CHALLENGE

Okay, so I need you to know that I have a major matter before me that will challenge me greatly.

No....the challenge is not that one of my crowns fell out last night and now I have a hole in my mouth the size of a city intersection.  I'm to get that fixed in just a few minutes.

No...the challenge is not that I am to have neck surgery Tuesday where the doctors will invade my esophagus and vocal chords to get to the spinal column.  Their intent is to remove herniated discs and my intent is for them to replace them with Legos which would make me 3/4" taller!

No... the challenge is not that the workshop is coming and my health leaves my schedule in question.

The challenge is more subtle than any of the above.  This should not be a problem; but for some reason I seem like a complete idiot.  Tonight........tonight....well in the early morning....we go on Daylight Savings Time!!!  My hope is to go with you.  Many years I have failed.

This has always been a contest to me as to which way the clock goes.  And don't give me the Spring Forward/Fall Backward lecture.  For some reason, it is just too detailed.  I'm just not tech savvy.

This week I have been practicing knowing which way the light/darkness will go.  One day I had it figured that it will be lighter earlier and lighter later.  I'm not kidding.  Changing my clocks for one hour on two different occasions during the year is a true contest for me.

My worst experience was when I had bought a new alarm clock during the year.  I sat it to go on DST.  I thought I had it down pat.  So when I'm to be up at 5:00, Mary came wandering out to the door saying, Mr. Rush, ("Mr. Rush" is a term never used around the house unless I am in trouble) do you have any idea what time it is?  Yes, I recalled.  It is 5:00.  No, she mumbled, it is 4:00 a.m.

My new clock could do and did something I had never heard before.  It changed times on its own.

G-O  F-I-G-U-R-E!

The good news that I just must brag about this time around is that....I do know which weekend this occurs....this time.  I am right.  Right?

No comments: