Thursday, October 03, 2013

WELL NOW...HOW LONG HAS THIS SECRET BEEN KEPT?

When I was a kid I could not wait for the County Fair to roll into town.  The buzz of excitement was everywhere.  Events, food, animals, races, and....rides!  Lots of rides!

I would take my hard-earned mowing money and head for the Highway 15/136 Junction.  Listen for the music, look for the crowds...and look at those rides.  Wow!

I spent money for the Tilt-A-Whirl, the Ferris Wheel, and other high-powered machines.  Bounced to the right and jerked to the left, all equilibrium became immediately unequal.  I loved the rides that took my breath away.  Some had such centrifugal force downward that it would move my lunch upward.

While all of this torture cost me much of my treasured funds, it was worth it.

But let me tell you what I have learned that Senior Citizens aren't telling you.  We have a secret that very few of the younger know about.  We have all of these rides.

Everyone of them; the slamming, the thrusting, the upchucking, the zigging and zagging, the dipping, and the diving.

It is called Vertigo.

The best part is that it is FREE.

No comments: