Monday, July 15, 2013

HAPPY 36TH ANNIVERSARY TO ME!

It is just the strangest thing to be a co-laborer with God.  And...with age it seems to get stranger.

Today is my 36th anniversary of getting to be at Memorial Drive!!!!

It is a miracle!

I had no concept of what it would feel like to be in ministry at one place this long.

  1. We do get younger day by day.
  2. We never gain momentum in the Kingdom for the more we learn through study and experience the bigger He becomes and the smaller we get.
  3. We feel less at home.  I feel more awkward stepping up to the pulpit and more temporary in my role.  Both are good things.
  4. We live in perpetual awe.  Church life is neither routine nor dull.  It is full of God-elements and God-productivity.
  5. We cannot begin things nor fix things.  Our role is to note what God is doing and get on board.
  6. I assume we learn newer things by being at one place 36 years and than being at 9 places 4 years each.  New rough terrain shows up.  And, new blessings appear.  It is weird to baptize or marry children whose parents I baptized or married.  How fun is that?
On the list goes.  I'm the luckiest man I ever met.  Life gets tougher; not smoother.  Too, it becomes more meaningful; not duller.  I can't believe what God has called me to; yet, I always wished I could grow up to like who I am and where I am.

I am the most nobody of all nobodies and it just feels pretty awesome.  He is the True God and the only Somebody.

How fun is this?

No comments: