Monday, April 01, 2013

"PRAY THAT I'LL HIT HOME RUNS AND HAVE RBIs"

Baseball season moves into full steam ahead today!  Ah, what we have all been awaiting!

So I want to tell you about this connection to last night's opening game; Astros vs Rangers.

When in my Cardinal camp in January I ran into Rick Ankiel; long-time friend who started out with the Cardinals.  He had just signed a new contract as an outfielder with the Houston Astros.  Rick has been good to me over the years and we email on occasion.  When I saw him in January, I asked him what it would be that I could pray about for him.  He said, Pray that I'll hit home runs and have RBIs. 

So, in our small group prayer meeting last night, I told the group about Rick's request.  So thus we prayed.

In the sixth inning of last night's game, Rick came to bat as a pinch-hitter.  He hit a three run homer!

I've already emailed him early this morning.  I want to keep before him the seed thoughts of God among us.

No comments: