Friday, March 15, 2013

FRANCIS CHAN IN TULSA IN SIX MORE SLEEPS

My friend, Jim Woodell, placed a comment on one of my recent posts. However, I want you to see it here. Jim is a winner of people to Jesus; a man who never gives up looking for ways to draw others to The Hope. You'll enjoy his story. _________________________________________________________________ Jim has left a new comment on your post "IF SNOPES DOESN'T KNOW THIS YET; AT LEAST YOU DO": Since everybody reads Terry's post and nobody reads mine, I will post here in the comment sections (Thanks Terry) I went with Wes to the Serloin District of SF with Wes. This was close to the beginning of the ministry plant there being led by Francis Chan. They are there to minister to the poor and disenfranchised that live in the many high rise apartment buildings. I went on a tour of one of the buildings to invite the occupants to come and eat at an inner city mission. Upon returning to the mission to eat I sat at a table among the folks that had gathered and two young ladies joined us. Now I was sitting among the homeless,that is those that were being ministered to. One of the young ladies said, "How are you doing sir? Have you had a good day?" (She thought I was one of the high rise occupants!) She made me feel glad that I was there. Although she was about 12 years old she was a great conversationalist. The wife of Francis and a daughter led the group in worship. Francis spoke to the group and it turned out the 12 year old who led the conversation at my table was their daughter also. You don't want to miss this man of God in Tulsa.

No comments: