Saturday, March 30, 2013

IMAGINE AWAY!

This morning was a great time for breakfast wasn't it?  I mean have you ever noticed how handy breakfast is at the start of a day? 

I love my little coffee shop from where I launch many a good day.  I'm sort of the Norm of Cheers.  Sometimes as I'm leaving--after I announce I'm leaving now!--they, with one voice, call out Goodbye Terry!

It isn't unusual that here and there I'll note a family or a lonely person in one of the routine eating establishments.  What is their day is like?  What their life is like?  Sometimes I'll step over, thank them for the goodness in them, wish them a strong day forward, and extract their ticket and buy their meal. 

This always brightens a face.

This morning the question occurred once again of what one could do to crack hearts open in the little cafe where many of us regularly roost.  I told the waitress to go by the tables and pick up every check.  Memorial provides me with a little outreach fund; so I OUTREACHED. 

No.  We didn't feed the 5000.  We did feed the 20 or so.  Memorial Drive spent $108.93 on community at breakfast this morning.  The waitress was instructed to tell them that the church up the street wishes them a Happy Easter.

The friends I have in there?  They know who I am and where I work.  And they were all smiles.  The strangers in there?  Every one of them came over to thank me.  Now where is your church again?, was filled with both gratitude and intrigue. 

I share this with you to offer any who would need an idea of people awareness that this would be just one way.  This is nothing new.  Many have been doing this and things like this for years. 

We find life in the Kingdom fascinating.  It is always a fascination boost to imagine ways to be attentive.....to people.  Food and people; God seemed to repeatedly reveal such a workable theme.

Imagine away!

No comments: