Tuesday, January 08, 2013

THE STORY

THE STORY byLucado and Frasee has surely caught me by surprise. 

Some on our team wanted to enter into that 31 week study for all ages for all classes at Memorial.  I was alright with it; but certainly not enamoured.  I felt my roll would be to stay out of the way as well as cooperate everywhere I could.

Wowie!

This study is such a powerful blessing simply because it leads us to the Word...as an entire congregation.  We are all on the same page; being impressed by different veins by the same texts.  Yippee!

Just as one of our stand-by passages--faith comes by hearing--has insisted, my faith has increased via the tunnels of this rich digging.

I'm not learning what's wrong with other tribes.  Rather I'm learning a bit more of that which is lacking in me.  God is increasing as the Word puts me in perpetual decrease mode. 

It's weird....what the Bible does.  It is constantly a Spiritual Boot Camp breaking me down and then building me up to where my confidence is not in me for I am inadequate.  My confidence is in His Spirit...II Cor. 3:4-5.

I've experienced Him this week; not knowing what to do nor what to advise another to do....but was certain He could and would do.  And....He did.

Our faith takes on too much baptismal water.  We tend to focus on that event and then carry out the most of our days under the format of human reason while we call it smart theology.  It isn't.  It is merely us with a spirit-based lingo that we might sound like we are maturing in faith.

Faith believes God without explanation.  It appears I have been stuck in searching for the best-of-men concepts.

God is to be thanked.  The wonders of His love have not ceased.  They are not over.  We may have passed along such a negative word....but it just isn't true.

I highly recommend your congregation give this study a serious look.

No comments: