Friday, January 25, 2013

IT'S SO MUCH EARLIER ON THE EAST COAST

It's six o'clock....a.m.  This surely is an earlier six than Tulsa's six.

We made it through our first day of workouts.  I'm glad I worked out in preparation because I am so sore.  However, the good news is I am not hurt.

The thing that strikes me most about camp is I am always so surprised at the special conversations I get to have about kingdom life.  This is a place of searchers.

It seems now I just sit and someone comes along and begins to talk; not about my work, not about my life, but about something they had been wondering or noticing about God.

I gave special attention yesterday to one of my teammate's 8 year old son.  His name is Jake so I called him Arthur.  I visited with Arthur--sat with him lots--all through our games.  One day Arthur will grow up to be a man who will have had some God-seed implanted....at a baseball game....for Arthur is my friend.

Gotta go catch the team bus....it's already 6:11. 

No comments: