Saturday, December 29, 2012

GRACE IS NOT CHURCH FLUFF

Before we start, we all know I don't know enough to define grace.  Therefore, this will simply be an exercise to water the grace-knowledge already within you with hope of growth from God continuing among us.

It is my observation that grace tends to be easily dismissed as sorta the church fluff side of spiritual life.  It isn't.  It's the stamina and the sturdy rock-solid element from which we are to behold confidence.  Grace is all about Him in us, with us, and for us.  Grace is God's holy and righteous arm of bold love to do for all men what none can do for ourselves. 

Until each surrenders the silly notion that we can live independently of God and others if we simply work shrewdly, we will forever whine and complain....for we will always finish in disappointment.  And, if we reach disappointment without awakening to His heart of grace, we will live blaming others for our misfortune...including God.

The task of defining grace is not as simple as looking at a dictionary for it is the very essence and presence of the participating Living Lord. 

May we refrain from believing it to be a church fluff word by realizing it is the beauty of God's elected involvement among us.

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;
2 Corinthians 9:14
while they also, by prayer on your behalf, yearn for you because of the surpassing grace of God in you.
2 Corinthians 12:9
And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
Ephesians 4:29
Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.
Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.

No comments: