Tuesday, November 13, 2012

MOOD STRUGGLES

Urgggh!!!!

Will I ever grow up from being down?

I get to do the most meaningful work with a most marvelous group; yet I hit those spells where I feel like the present moment is nothing but stale air.  I get so tired of me being so tired of me.

I dare tell you this because I really believe I am writing the story of many who read this post.

But maybe we aren't alone as this mood struggle would press upon our hearts to believe. 

Consider Elijah; a man who whooped up on 450 false prophets only in the next breath to be hiding in a cave from Jezebel.  I Kings 18:19 declares that he knew full-well these were her guys.  So he defeated them in mockery and then spinelessly ran for cover in fear of her.

Up. Down. Yo and Yo.  Yo-yo life in the kingdom.

That would be me.

So what do I do with these mood struggles.  Oh, maybe lift my eyes?  Maybe think on things (and people) excellent and lovely and worthy of praise?  Maybe begin to THANK God for all things including the mood interruptions?

Ah, I think so.

Believe, my friend, that you are not alone in your disappointments and wrestlements.  The Holy Spirit of God sets us free to soar; even when the ceiling feels imposing...Romans 5:1-5.

3 comments:

jason reeves said...

Thank you for ministering to the minister today Terry.

Anonymous said...

Mood struggles....that's almost every day for me!! It is good to know I'm not alone.

Jay

TerryC said...

This yo-yo is certainly encouraged by your honesty and openness.