Tuesday, October 23, 2012

YO-YO CHRISTIANITY

We would be such a funny sort if we weren't such a sad sort.

Take me for instance.

I walk every day of my life feeling inferior to all and superior to many.  This causes me to think of the song, How Can It Be?

Would this register with any of you?

I think I am the least in every room; yet I wish others could be half as sharp as me in evaluation and estimation of any given moment.  How can I esteem myself to be the best thinker in the room while simultaneously feel ashamed of how nothing I am compared to others...in the very same room?

I'm weird....but in a good way...I keep telling myself.

Jesus.  Oh we know very well what he said about judging others.  We know it's wrong.  But, good grief, sometimes (well, maybe a lot of the times) I just can't help it.  Their lack is too obvious!  You see it don't you?  Ah, me too.

And then Jesus through Paul.  Romans 5:1-5 is an ego killer.  Oooooh, this one stings.  Well it should.  Whatever we judge wrong in others, we are guilty of the very same thing.  I ask you, Is that fair?

All religious brands and doctrinal students may spout book, chapter, and verse more effectively than the next.  One truth remains.  Very few of us master the ability to avoid being yo-yos in this amazing kingdom run by God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you and I are so much alike. Maybe one day we can meet and feel both inferior and superior to each other at the same time! Thank you!

Jay

Anonymous said...

Boy does this register.
Janet