Saturday, October 20, 2012

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY...MAYBE "YIPPEE"?

I am awestruck by God.

I had no idea living in the kingdom and still knowing so little about God could cause such enormous enthusiasm for both.  I can't describe it, can't understand it, and find myself utterly clueless.  His ways surely are higher.

In the 70s Mary and I were converted.  I had never heard anything like what I was learning about Jesus building his church.  I intend to never get over it.

In the 80s I learned--against my own will--about the inner personal working of the Holy Spirit.

In the 90s I learned I was nothing.

In the 00s I discovered that I was not a worshipper; therefore the riches of praise toward God have become emphatically important.

In the 10s I'm learning the power of praying with thanksgiving; plus the nature of living in covenant with God.

Each stage remains crucially important.  Because God is becoming more personal to me, I am shrinking in what little knowledge, talent, and influence I thought I possessed.

I feel so vividly awestruck about the minuscule things I'm continually learning about God at the present.  The more I see of just a smidgen of revelation about Him, my already microscopic existence becomes even more devalued.  It turns out I really am not much.  Christ in me must carry on the work.

I'm so excited to be 65 years old and still learning gnats and hairs about God that I hardly know what to say.  YIPPEE! would be one place I could begin.

No comments: