Wednesday, August 01, 2012

JUDGMENTAL: HELP US FOR WE CAN'T QUIT

There is a lot wrong with me.  If it weren't for Jesus, I would finish worse at the end of every day.

If ever I believe there to be one great, significant, and obvious blemish within me it is my sheer disobedience to his Matthew 7:1-5 call to refrain from judging others.  I'm a fireball at it!  I like it!  I am a crackerjack judger. 

I do not improve.  The good in me can't win for the evil in me that continues to spout about others. 

Judging is still wrong.

The Christian mindset is to take major stances against.  This usually comes with a corresponding fact that such harsh judgment regards an area the judgee has little guilt over.  The Gay community is an easy target for the unGays.  The once-a-month attendees are huge targets for the three-times-a-weekers. 

I will tell you how bad I am about this.  I won't any more than get this posted and I will violate my own admonition to refrain from making guestimations as to the motives of others.  I am a professional surmiser. 

Who will save us from this mess we are in; the mess we are?

Jesus. 

Jesus is the one and our saturational sin leaves us in a begging position for his grace upon us.  This should and could and would end our appetites for picking on the more sinful than us.  No one is guiltier than the one who is obsessed with judging.

Even spellcheck is going to be very judgmental on this one.



No comments: