Tuesday, August 21, 2012

IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE

I am at kindergarten level in knowing and walking with God.  For certain, I am no example for others to follow regarding intellect nor comprehension of the God-scape permeating all of civilization.  However, I do have a yearn for Him to show Himself to us in ways that we may have never seen before.

My prayers often include, Father, show me things of truth that no one has seen before; that no one ever thought to think about.  Surprise me.  Let me see what you wish we would see but no one is asking.

I know that may seem nervy or strange.  Yet, I see in the Word God's spectacularicity in that He doesn't seem locked into an earthly and rote mindset.  God was creative out of the Genesis shoot and has never stopped.  He even concluded the revealed Word with book of Revelation which leaves us still scratching our heads.

One of the things He taught me was most contrary to what I thought I believed.  That would be the direct activity of the Holy Spirit within a common believer's walk.  Another would be a surprise joy He afforded me through a recent book.

We believe in a pliable, flexible, uncornerable, immeasurable God.  So why do we basically function as if one leg is pegged to the ground and we walk in repetitional circles?  Have we relinquished our thirst for His surprises?  Have we trained our minds to quit imagining? 

On one hand He had the sun stand still because Joshua thought of it.  Where did Joshua see that pattern?  Seas part, legalists convert, and graves choke and cough in order to give up the dead. 

A question we can ask is what is it needed among us today regardless of ever knowing if it has ever been done before.  Our Creator has not lost His creative touch.  We possibly have forgotten that He promises to trump our wildest imaginations.

Go for it!

1 comment:

SnapTrader said...

I'm still thinking about God's "spectacularicity". What a great word!