Saturday, March 17, 2012

JAIL-BIRD MARY?

So Mary and I moved last summer. This required new checks with the new address. After sufficient time, it was clear these were not going to arrive. I called the bank and reordered. The latter I received.

And then.....and then I wondered if the former were delivered to my old address. They were. The bank had printed the new checks with the new address, but sent them to the old address.

Go figure.

I picked up the earlier order and went ahead and used them first since the number order would be in sync.

Everything has been going smoothly until I got a "bounced check" notice from the state for my car tags. What?

When I went to the bank not only were there sufficient funds...there were swollen funds. The banker's research discovered they had (appropriately) stopped payment on the checks I found at the other house should they have been stolen. Thus, my checking account is very big because incoming withdrawals have not been allowed by the bank!?!?!

At the moment I have a lot of money in the bank. At the same moment I have a lot of creditors scratching their heads. Little Terry has begun to scam the community!

For months now I have been writing checks to everyone in the world and I have a feeling that world is about to come down on us. When I discovered this error according to the banker I called the church accountant to see if any contribution checks had bounced. They had not...until that afternoon's mail. Now they have!

What a mess. Not to worry. I just have to wade through it and take care of it. That one bad check to the tag agency ended in a penalty of $25.

Sure, my utilities may be shut off and the house repossessed....but my main concern is whether Mary will have to serve time.

We'll see.

No comments: